Since 1996, the Salmon Arm & District Chamber of Commerce has granted an annual $500 scholarship to a student beginning or continuing his or her education toward a degree, diploma or certificate.
This scholarship is awarded to a student, who is beginning, continuing or returning to full-time studies (no age restrictions on scholarship applicants), and is:
- A member in good standing of the Chamber of Commerce, or
- A child or spouse of a Chamber member in good standing, or
- An employee of a Chamber member in good standing, or
- A child or spouse of an employee of a Chamber member in good standing, (provided the employment is full-time and permanent), or
- A child or spouse of an employee of the Chamber itself.
To qualify, the student must be accepted to full-time studies at a Canadian college, university, technical or trade school, within the three western provinces. The student must prove high academic standing and financial need.
Application forms are available at the Salmon Arm Chamber of Commerce office or download here