May 12, 2021 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Business Connections, is just that, an opportunity for local businesses to connect, learn and share their experiences with one another. With so many amazing community supports, this will provide a chance for local business owners to engage with these organizations directly.
The day will consist of two main parts: Professional Development Workshops in the morning and the Virtual Expo Business Expo in the afternoon (including Hiring Fair) which will be open to the public. Members of the Salmon Arm Chamber of Commerce are eligible for preferred pricing on Full-Day Admission as well as Virtual Booths (which come with 2 complimentary full day admissions & pre-event training). If you are not currently a member, please contact Carolyn Rennie at email@example.com for access to a special offer for Chamber Membership & a Virtual Booth!
Since the afternoon (1pm-3pm) will be open to the general public for free, we ask that any businesses who may be hiring identify themselves so job seekers and students know where there may be potential employment opportunities. We do encourage all businesses to participate in the virtual expo even if they are not currently hiring as it is a great chance for prospective employees to learn about which qualifications and training they should be taking to be eligible in the future.
All tickets – including General Admission to the afternoon portion are to be purchased in advance through Eventbrite and access codes will be sent out prior to the event.
Megan Hamlet, Leading Innovation, Strategic Partnerships and Corporate Training with ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. will be our Keynote Speaker.
Professional Development Workshops : 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 10:00 Introductions & Welcome
- 10:15 Recruitment & Retention – Write an engaging job description that works to build the culture of your business. Get funding for work placements and compensation of wages when hiring employees.
- 11:15 Social Media Hacks – Tips & Tricks for online presence on Facebook Instagram and LinkedIn. Practical skills for the modern age and how to get social media working for your business.
“Chow & Chat” – Networking Lunch 12:00-1:00pm
- 12:00 “Chow & Chat ” – Networking Lunch (bring your own lunch and try out some of the speed networking and virtual booths)
Virtual Business Expo, Hiring Fair & Networking: 1:00-3:00 pm
- Trade Show – Ability to hop in and out of virtual business booths
- Hiring Fair – Businesses that are hiring can advertise this on their virtual booth
- Access to community supports and resources
- Ability to set meetings with attendees within the platform for private meeting space
*The platform contains three main areas which can be accessed throughout the event:
- Main Stage – this is where all scheduled program events will take place including opening/closing ceremonies and Professional Development Workshops
- Networking – this is a neat feature of Hop-In which allows you to meet one-on-one with other attendees. This can be done between businesses and business/community support organizations during the morning or lunch break or between the public and prospective employers in the afternoon. The set-up is similar to speed dating where you are paired up with another participant for an allotted amount of time. You can share information, get to know each other and their business initiatives. Should you wish to continue the conversation you can either share your contact information (which will only be shared upon your consent) or extend the session time limit. The power is in your hands as you chose when to connect and can leave at any time to one of the other stages.
- Virtual Expo – this is a virtual representation of a real-life trade show. Each registered company/organization will have the chance to set-up their booth in advance with a logo, tag-line and contact information. While the expo is running, companies can either stay in the booth to greet visitors or go visit other stages such as the networking or main stage workshops. Attendees can select which booth they want to enter and the set-up is very similar to a Zoom meeting where the host of the booth has the option to start video chat with one or more of the attendees.
Category: Chamber Events