The Salmon Arm Chamber of Commerce provides certificates of origin for both members and non-members as an essential trade service. This is primarily for the confirmation of the origin of goods and is a requirement of many countries before goods are allowed into their country.
Documentation Required to Enroll in Program
Please read below to find out more about the required documentation. Templates of the required forms are listed below as PDF’s for you to view or print.
- Certificate of Origin Letter of Waiver Template this letter must be typed on company letterhead and must be notarized and will be kept on file for 2 years. If any of the signors on the original waiver change, a new notarized letter must be given to the Chamber of Commerce
- Certificate of Origin Template (Chamber document, completed by exporting company and presented for certification)
- Shippers Affidavit or Invoice which will accompany the Certificate of Origin (your Company Document)
- Provincial Business Registration Documents: (Must include Company Name, Address, Directors, and Confirmation of Good Standing)
Notarization Requirement for all Documents & Waiver Option
For reasons of liability, all documents presented to the Chamber must be notarized before they can be certified. The notarization process can be costly and time-consuming, so as an alternative to notarizing individual documents a Letter of Waiver may be issued. If a notarized Letter of Waiver for your company is presented to, or is on file with the Chamber, no additional documents to be certified by the Chamber need to be notarized. (See Certificate of Origin Letter of Waiver Template above). With initial enrollment in the Certificate of Origin Program, the Chamber also requires a notarized copy of your organization’s business registration documents, which describe your operations with the Federal or Provincial Government. These documents are available through a corporate search on www.bconline.gov.bc.ca or can usually be obtained through your company’s lawyer if they are not in your possession.
CHECK LIST FOR CERTIFICATION
- Documents MUST be issued by a Canadian company.
- Notarized Provincial Registration Documents (cannot be waivered and part of initial enrollment with Chamber)
- Notarized Letter of Waiver, or in the absence thereof, all documents notarized (see above required documents).
- Certificate of Origin completed by your company on the Chamber template above.
- A copy of the Shippers Affidavit or your Company Invoice which will accompany the shipment.
- An appointment has been made with the Chamber.
- The required fees have been paid.
2022 Certification Fees: You will be invoiced for the amount below and payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. Certification occurs at the Salmon Arm and District Chamber of Commerce located at #101 – 160 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm BC.
Members: Certificate of Origin for each original $15 + GST
Non-Members: Certificate of Origin for each original $30 + GST